Celtic musicians are known for their ability to spin off hundreds of tunes by ear, reflecting the old Irish method of teaching music -- a skill which can help students with memory in other subjects as well. The members of Silver Arm -- all faculty of the Riley School of Irish Music -- enjoy sharing dance melodies, slow airs and songs with students, using vintage instruments, sing-alongs, interactive performances, and stories to help bring the music to life. For a more intimate presentation, one or more musicians can visit the classroom for an introduction to Celtic music.
Book Silver Arm to play at your school or library:
- Audience participation
- Curriculum integrated (humanities, history, communication, music)
- 45 minute Irish Music programs designed for elementary or high school students
- 45 minute Irish Music programs for adults, seniors or family audiences
- Artist-in-residency programs available for schools, summer camps, etc.
- Silver Arm Concert/Performance Programs $450 first session/ $90 each additional session same day
- Solo Artist Lecture/Demonstration $200 first session/ $30 each additional session same day